1. On Saturday morning, two shuttles will make multiple trips to pick up LHAB members from the entrance of the Speedway Garage on Speedway and drop them off at the Band Hall Stop at the southwest corner of Dean Keeton St. and Robert Dedman Dr.
2. Prior to LHAB practice, two shuttles will make multiple trips to pick up LHAB members from the Band Hall Stop at the southwest corner of Dean Keeton St. and Robert Dedman Dr. and drop them off at the Bubble.
3. Following LHAB practice, two shuttles will make 3 loops only from the entrance of the Speedway Garage on Speedway, the Bubble and the Band Hall Stop at the southwest corner of Dean Keeton St. and Robert Dedman Dr. to drop members at their car and/or the Band Hall. Please allow seasoned veterans, the disabled, and parents with young children to board first.
4. After the game, two shuttles will make multiple loops for 75 minutes only to pick up LHAB members from the Band Hall Stop at the southwest corner of Dean Keeton St. and Robert Dedman Dr. and drop them off at the entrance of the Speedway Garage on Speedway.
8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Speedway Garage to the Band Hall Stop
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Band Hall Stop to the Bubble
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Speedway Garage to the Bubble to the Band Hall
Immediately Following the Game
Band Hall Stop to Speedway Garage
In compliance with University Athletics and Facilities, it is of extreme importance that all Band Day participants adhere to the following Guest Policies:
- All non-LHAB family members must have a ticket in order to attend the game. (Children under the age of 2 are exempt.)
- Non-LHAB guests/family members will NOT be able to march into the stadium with the band. They must enter through the ticket gate with a valid ticket.
- LHAB will NOT be responsible for escorting any guests/children into the stadium during march down.
- All children of LHAB members must be accompanied by a non-marching adult while in the stadium and at the indoor practice facility (The Bubble). Athletics requests that we monitor guests in order to ensure that equipment and facilities are maintained.
Thank you for you compliance and Hook ’em!
We will play all of the following songs either in the stands and/or during halftime:
March of the Longhorns
The Eyes of Texas
The Yellow Rose of Texas
There are two music pickup times:
Friday, October 14, 2016 (Scholz Garten: 1607 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701)
Saturday, October 15, 2016 (Music Building Orchestra Hall)
9:30 AM-11:00 AM
Please note that there will be NO MUSIC at the Bubble.
Music Pickup Directions
1. Choose your appropriate music folder – music parts are first come, first serve. Brass players: first parts go quickly. I encourage those wishing to play first part to download / print your own music or pickup your music on Friday night.
2. Before leaving the music table, please check to make sure that all of the music you need is in the folder you chose. If not, return the folder and grab a different folder.
3. Play your chops off.
4. After the game, turn in your music in the choir room on the marked table. If you must leave early, please ask a friend to turn in your music folder. Please do not leave your music in the stands at the stadium.
Thanks and Hook ‘Em!
Vice President: Music Librarian / TBS Liaison
Band Day is coming, and we’ll take the field once again to relive some of the best times of our lives. We’ll see old friends, play the old songs, and perform at half time, watching ourselves on the ‘Tron while thinking, “Damn, we are still pretty good at this!”
Well, a lot of that credit will go to your skills, of course, but producing the show from scratch to finished product requires some hard work by some dedicated Alumni… our section leader volunteers. Just like in the LHB, we depend on them for on the field leadership that allows us to put a show together, ready to perform, in two hours. We never know exactly how many Alumni will show up on Saturday, and the massed band drill is only a rough sketched, but we have to fill in the details on the field. Without the experienced section leader corps to help teach the show, we’d never get it done.
For those regular volunteers, thank you for serving again. If you haven’t stepped up before, now is the time to do your turn. Don’t worry if you haven’t been a LHAB section leader before, you’ll be doing just what you’ve done before. I want to especially encourage our younger members to volunteer. First, it is a great way to meet people, a great way to get involved in LHAB, and we’ll need help learning the newer LHB styles of marching!
If you are interested in volunteering as a Section Leader during Band Day, you can email me directly at email@example.com or sign-up as a Section Leader on the Registration form. Thanks to each of you for volunteering again, and we’ll see you at Band Day!
LHAB DFW Area Rep
Drum Major/Piccolo/Flute, ’68-‘76
Band Day 2016 Garage Parking Permit Instructions
Purchase Instructions (must be purchased and printed before Saturday, October 15):
Select the radio button by DKR- Texas Memorial Stadium and then hit next.
Hit “Find Parking” by the Texas vs. Iowa State game.
Select the radio button by the Speedway Garage and click on “Add to Cart”.
Enter the promo code DiNino to receive a $10 discount.
Print your parking permit (LHAB will not provide any parking permits).
*** PLEASE NOTE: For football, the parking attendants get there at 8am. You can park all day with this permit. The permit itself will have a start time of four hours before kick-off time. It is unfortunately a bug that we cannot change in the system. The parking permit is still valid. **
2016-2017 LONGHORN ALUMNI BAND
President Joe Dahlstrom (no vote required)
President-Elect Sara Beth Purdy
Vice President Karen Hudson
Past President Jo Lyn Peters (no vote required)
Secretary Matthew Brandt
Asst. Treasurer George Moxley (appointed position)
Asst. VP: Communications Geof Sloan
Asst. VP: Music Librarian Sam Morehead
Asst. VP: Technology Ben Lee Schneider
Asst. Technology Officer David Jones
Asst. VP: Registrar/TBS Liaison Heather Wright Knolle
Asst. VP: KKY Liaison Edward Martinez
Asst. VP: LHB Liaison Kyle Walker
Asst. VP: Property Mgr. Jaime Luna
Asst. VP: Archivist Barbara Helbert
Asst. VP: Austin Area Rep George Moxley
Asst. VP: Dallas Area Rep Mike Haeker
Asst. VP: Houston Area Rep Thomas Staton
Asst. VP: San Antonio Area Rep Casey Magnuson
2016-2017 LONGHORN ALUMNI BAND
1 Year (unexpired term) Nefertiti Williams
2 Years (unexpired term) Nick Schroeder
3 Year Term Coral Noonan-Terry
3 Year Term Emily Ellenberg
Continuing on the Board of Directors
Year 3 of Three Year Term Ruth Dahlstrom
Year 2 of Three Year Term Scott Harmon
2017 Nominating Committee: JoLyn Peters (Chair), Eddie Lopez, Tess McKenna, Tadd Lanham, George Greene
Submitted by LHAB Nominating Committee (Joe Dahlstrom, chair; Heather Wright Knolle; Kyle Walker)