The following are LHAB standing policies related to Band Day and performance activities. They cover the following areas:
- Family and Child Guest Policy
- Instrument damage
Please remember that the official uniform for LHAB includes the following:
1. Solid black socks and solid black shoes (tennis shoes are fine as long as they are completely black)
2. Solid black pants (slacks preferred)
3. White collared shirt (either long-sleeved or short-sleeved depending on the weather and your comfort)
White collared polo shirts will be available to first-year members of LHAB free of charge. Others may purchase for a small fee. Stop by the LHAB Swag sales on Friday night (5-7pm and 8:30-9:30pm) or Saturday (8-9am and 1-3pm) in the Music Building Hallway to pick yours up.
All LHAB members will be provided with a burnt orange vest at Band Day. You must be in full uniform to check one out (black shoes/socks/pants and white collared shirt). Please remember to return your vest before you leave campus.
FAMILY AND CHILD GUEST POLICY
If you are bringing family members to Band Day, please remember that LHAB must adhere to the following due to liability issues and UT Athletics policy:
- Children are not allowed on the field in the Bubble during rehearsal or at any time in the stadium. During rehearsals, children should be supervised by an adult or guardian on the sidelines or in the endzone and away from rehearsal as to not interrupt activities.
- Children are not allowed in the band formation while marching to the stadium or returning to the Band Hall.
Thank you so much for understanding and adhering to these policies.
Please remember that music folders with paper copies will no longer be available on game day, so it will be helpful to print the music in advance and bring your own music with you to Band Day. Music downloads can be accessed via the LHAB Member Area of the website and click on the Music tab. Music is categorized by Halftime, Traditionals, and Stand-Parade.
LHAB/LHB INSTRUMENT/FLAG RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As a Renter of any Longhorn Alumni Band or UT Longhorn Band (LHAB/LHB) owned instrument, big flag, and/or silk flag, I accept responsibility and liability for the loss or damage of the rented instrument and/or flag beyond ordinary wear and tear. In the event of loss, theft, or damage beyond repair of the instrument and/or flag while in my possession, I agree to reimburse LHAB/LHB for any repairs or replacement to the instrument and/or flag assigned to me as a Renter. I agree to return the LHAB/LHB instrument and/or flag as required by the due date given at time of check-out by LHAB representative.
LHAB will make the appropriate repairs and adjustments to keep the instrument and/or flag in proper playing condition. This does not include the restoration of finish, willful damage, careless handling, cleanings or replacement of expendable accessories.
All payments for annual membership dues are final. Band Day registration can be cancelled up until the deadline for online registration. Cancellations up until the deadline will be refunded their payments excluding dues and credit card processing fees. Cancellations after the deadline for online registration will not be refunded.